Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Beginnings.

The blogging begins...

I had been talking with my (extremely sweet and patient) roommate, Taylor for a couple weeks about what the name of my blog would be, and that is probably the only reason it has taken me so long to post this. As we were throwing out ideas like "To Love Like an Orphan" or "The Prayer of an Orphan," I just could not decide (I know, I'm sure my inability and procrastination to make a decision does not come as a shock to most of you). After two weeks of searching, I was reminded of a Sunday school song I was taught at Thrasher United Methodist Church as a little girl. Since this was where I was first introduced to Jesus as a young child, I felt compelled to share this part of my heart. Some of you may know it, and I encourage you to sing a long with me: 

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus loves the little children
Of the world.

Jesus died for all the children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus died for all the children
Of the world.

Jesus rose for all the children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow
Black and white
They are precious in His sight.
Jesus rose for all the children
Of the world.

This little song has great Truth; and though it may not be profound, it sums up my thoughts about going to reach these orphans in the Philippines. If it is true (which I firmly proclaim that it is) that Jesus loves all children, was crucified on the cross for their sins (and ours), and rose from the dead to give them (and us) new life through Him, then is it not imperative that I go tell these dear orphans about this Truth? Jesus Christ came that we may be abandoned no longer. 

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

I want to help little orphans in Mindanao understand that God sent His precious Son Jesus to rescue and redeem His precious children, that they are loved and cherished and belong to Him. They are not unloved or unwanted, they simply need to be led into the arms of Christ. That is why I am going on this journey: to lead others to the very One who ransomed my life and made me new.

But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16


And so... my journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment